Interns at the Women’s Shelter Program are an essential part of the services our agency is able to provide. We offer a variety of volunteer internship positions to undergraduate students, graduate students, and MFT interns.
Undergraduate Internships Opportunities
The Women’s Shelter Program offers a variety of dynamic internship opportunities for undergraduate students across disciplines.
Undergraduate internship opportunities include:
- Working as an intern at our confidential Safe House
- Providing support and child mentorship as one of our Children’s Services Interns
- Assisting with our Outreach, Volunteer and Fundraising Services
- The potential for specialized internships based upon specific skill sets
Undergraduate internships require a twenty week or two quarter commitment, and all interns must first complete a 40-hour, state-mandated volunteer training.
If you are interested in becoming an intern with the WSP, contact our Outreach, Fundraising and Volunteer Department at email@example.com. All potential interns must complete our volunteer application. Download our volunteer application here: Volunteer & Internship Application
Graduate/MFT Internships Opportunities
An essential branch of WSP services is the Center for Alternatives to Domestic Violence (CADV), our agency’s comprehensive counseling center. The WSP offers traineeships for individuals pursuing graduate coursework in counseling/therapy along with MFT internships for those individuals working towards obtaining clinical therapy hours for degree completion or BSS licensure requirements.
Some of the benefits of interning with CADV include:
- Receiving clinical training in working with adults and children affected by trauma and abuse
- Gaining experience in individual and group therapy treatment modalities
- Obtaining specialized training in play therapy, art therapy and cognitive-behavioral treatment approaches
- Receiving individual and group supervision with an experienced Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Participating in available continuing education training opportunities
If you are interested in the pursuing an MFT internship or traineeship, please contact our Clinical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the Center for Alternatives to Domestic Violence and its services, visit our counseling page by clicking here.