Specific trainings and presentations are offered to groups and public agencies about intimate partner violence and community resources. These trainings are also available to organizations, churches, law enforcement, and the medical community. Trainings and presentations can be designed specifically for your organization’s needs. Our speakers are experts in the field of intimate partner violence prevention and services. Many have specialized degrees in the counseling, medical, and legal fields. Some of the subjects available are:
- General Information on Intimate partner Violence
- Services of the Women’s Shelter Program
- Why Victims Stay
- Intimate partner Violence and Children
- The Cycle of Violence
- Working with Victims of Intimate partner Violence
- Medical Issues and Intimate partner Violence
- Legal Issues and Intimate partner Violence
- Religious Issues and Intimate partner Violence
- National Intimate partner Violence Statistics
- Helping a friend in an abusive relationship
- Volunteer Programs
- Bystander Intervention
And other subjects regarding Intimate Partner Violence that your organization is interested in learning about.
If you would like to schedule a presentation or training, please call our Community Outreach & Education Coordinator at (805) 781-6401 x 202.
If you would like to schedule a Bystander Intervention workshop, please call our Prevention Coordinator at (805) 781-6401 x225.