TENANT BASED RENTAL ASSISTANCE (TBRA)
- Client must be referred from a Supportive Housing Consortium (SHC) member agency. Referrals are limited.
- Referred client must be receiving case management services from the referring SHC member Agency.
- Homeless as defined in HASLO’s homeless certification form.
- Client is not a registered sex offender, and does not have any history of sex crimes, drug arrests or violent crimes within the past one year.
- Client does not owe HASLO any money.
- Client has been sufficiently assessed by referring agency and deemed capable of living independently in the community, maintaining a safe and sanitary living environment, and meeting financial obligations of personal bills and TBRA loan repayment.
- Application for TBRA assistance is being made as a “last resort” effort and that all other financial/housing resources have been exhausted.
- Client has not been referred to, or received, TBRA assistance before. (This is a one time opportunity!)
- There is a self sufficiency plan and budget provided to HASLO with referral.
TBRA used for Security Deposits: Security deposit assistance will be $1,000 per household. Repayment of the security deposit will be spread over 20 months (with a minimum payment of $50/month), and Consortium agencies agree to provide case management to the households for 20 months, or until the loan is repaid.
All of the following are required for a security deposit referral:
- A copy of the rental agreement or verification from the landlord documenting that the person has secured housing.
- The TBRA request for security deposit assistance.
- A budget showing the client can afford the minimum $50 monthly payments signed by the client and the case manager.
- The client must set up an appointment with Sandy Murry at HASLO by calling her at 805-543-4478 EXT. 316.
For more information call Shona at 781-6401 ext. 209 or by email by filling out the form below
Please fill out this form if you wish to receive more information
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form